Modal Verbs Examples
Modal verbs in English grammar are special verbs which behave very differently from normal verbs.
1. Modal verbs do not need "-s or es" in the third person singular.
- He can speak French.
- She should be happy about her result.
2. We use "not" to make negative sentences of modal verbs, even in Simple Present and Simple Past.
- He should not argue with him.
- They might not come to college.
2. We cannot use two modal verbs together
- You should can respect your parents. (incorrect)
- You should respect your parents. (correct)
Common Modal Verbs