- Bread slices – 4
- Eggs – 3
- Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
- Green Chili – 1 (finely chopped)
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper Powder – ¼ tsp
- Butter – for toasting
Other optional ingredients
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Cilantro (Coriander Leaves) – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Cheese - 2 tbsp (shredded)
- Veggies like Capsicum, Tomato, Mushroom, Spinach – ¼ cup (finely chopped)
- Break the eggs into a mixing bowl. Beat it nicely with 1 tbsp of water till it is frothy.
- Add finely chopped onions, green chilies, salt and pepper and mix it.
- Heat a wide pan or griddle on medium low heat. Grease it with some butter and pour a ladleful of the egg mixture and spread it.
- Immediately, place a slice of bread over the egg mixture on the left side and another on the right
- Cook for about 30 sec. Using a wide spatula, gently flip the eggs along with the bread slices. Now the bread slices will touch the bottom of the pan.
- Cook for another 30-40 seconds will the bread is crisp and toasted. Fold the egg such that one bread is over the other and the omelette is in between forming a perfect sandwich.