- Corn (fresh or frozen) - 1 cup
- Channa Dal - 1 cup
- Onion - 1/2 (chopped)
- Red/Green chillies - 4-6 (chopped)
- Ginger - 1" piece (grated)
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 tspn
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tspn
- Curry Leaves - 1 spring (finely chopped)
- Asaefoetida - a pinch
- Salt - to taste
- Soak the dal channa for about an hour. Drain and coarsely grind it .
- To this add the corn, ginger, red chillies, cumin seeds, turmeric, onion, curry leaves, asaefoetida and salt.
- Make balls out of the above mixture, shape them as vadas or cutlets.
- Grease a baking tray and line the vadas. Sprinkle 1 or 2 drops of oil on top of each vada.
- At 350 degrees, bake it in an oven preheated for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Serve hot with mint chutney or eat as such.