- 3 cups of Rice
- Half a cup Sugar
- Few drops of Zaffrani Kewra
- 5 Small cardamom
- 1 cup of Khoya
- Half a cup Dry fruit
- 1 pinch of Yellow (Zarda) food color
- 1 pinch of Green food color
- 1 pinch of Red food color
- 1 cup clarified butter
- Wash and soak 3 cups of rice for about 2-3 hours.
- Take 12 cups of water in a large pot and add 2 cardamom and few drops of khewra essence to it nd boil. When water is boiled put rice into it and cook until rice becomes ready.
- Put 1 cup of clarified butter in pan and saute with 3 small cardamom. Add in some water and half a cup sugar.
- Cook it until sugar is dissolved. Now the rice is divided into three parts and put a pinch of red , green and zarda color in the rice separately. Put all three colored rice in to the pot and add dissolved sugar into it, cook for few minutes that formed a colorful texture and then add half a cup of khoya, about 200 grams of murabba and dry fruits into it. Mix it and simmer.
- Garnish the Satrangi Zarda with remaining khoya, silver paper and dry fruits and serve hot.