For the wings
- 1 1/2 Kg chicken wings
- Salt as per taste
- 1 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 Cup Fried onions do crushed
For the sauce
- 1 cup Hoisin sauce
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- ¼ cup Brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tablespoon Ready Horseradish
- 4 scallions chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Add the wings on a baking sheet and season both sides with salt and pepper. Let it leave for 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- To prepare sauce, in a small saucepan, mix all together the hoisin, pomegranate juice, brown sugar, garlic, horseradish, scallions, and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Cook them well and stirring, over medium-high heat. When the sauce starts to boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until thickened, about 15 minutes. Season with salt.
- In a deep pot, fill with oil and heat to 360 degrees F.
- Fry the wings; the oil temperature will come at about 350 degrees F,
- Fry the wings until it turns into golden brown, for about 15 minutes. Drain all th fried wings to put on paper towels.
- Add the sauce in a large mixing bowl and toss the wings, adding more sauce if needed, until completely coated.
- Add the onions in other bowl, put the sauced wings and toss to thoroughly coat.
- Now ready to serve warm.