- Half kilo - Chicken or mutton
- Half kilo - Rice (washed and soaked)
- Half a cup - Ghee
- 1 tbsp - Sonif (Fennel seeds)
- 1 tbsp - Coriander seeds
- 1 large - Tomato (chopped)
- 1 medium - Onion (sliced)
- 2 tbsp Garlic-Ginger paste
- 1 tsp - Red chili flakes
- Salt as per taste
- Ground whole all spices (4 big & small cardamoms, 6 cloves, 2 inches cinnamon stick, half tsp whole black pepper and cumin seeds)
- 6 green chilies, split into 2 pieces
Use a muslin cloth, tie the coriander and fennel seeds together to make a spice bag. Heat ghee in a copper heavy bottom pot and add that spice bag in it.
Add garlic ginger paste and mix it and then add onion and cook it for a minute till onion becomes light brown color. Add mutton and fry it well as keep stirring it for two minutes.
The add tomatoes, red chili flakes, green chilies and salt in it. Cook all these ingrediets for ten minutes. Add water as water just up a inch high . Cook it covered for 5-10 minutes or till mutton is tender. Collect the spice bag out of the pot and discard it.
Then add drained rice in it and mix it and cook it till the rice are 3/4 cooked and water is dried. Now cover a lid on it and put it on DUM for 5 minutes on very low flame.
Now Chicken Yakhni Pulao is ready to serve. It is best serve with salad and raita.