- Carrots - 2 cups (app. 4 carrots)
- Milk - 2 cups
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Ghee - 2 tblsp
- Nuts & Raisins - 1/4 cup (Almonds &/ Cashews)
- Cardamon - 2 (crushed or use 1/4 tsp cardomom powder)
1. Wash and peel the carrots and grate them or grind them. Grating leaves some texture to the carrot at the end but grinding is equally good too.
2. Heat the ghee in a small pan and fry the nuts and raisins in it.
3. Heat the milk in a heavy bottomed pan and add the carrot to it.
4. Cover and cook it on medium flame, stirring occassionally to avoid sticking to the bottom.
5. After about 15-20 minutes, when all the milk is absorbed by the carrot, add sugar and stir continuously.
6. After about 8 minutes the oil starts getting separated from the halwa. At this stage add cardomom powder, fried nuts and raisins and 1 tblsp of ghee.
7. Mix for another minute and switch off.
8.Enjoy delicious kajar ka halwa with your family and friends.