Mushroom - Half Kg
- Soya Chunks - One cup
- Basmati rice - Two cups
- Onion -One large
- Tomato - Two (crushed)
- Ginger garlic paste - Two tsp
- Corrainder and Mint leaves - Half cup (chopped)
- Green chillies - Five pieces (chopped)
- Oil - 3 tablespoons
- Ghee - 3 tablespoons
- Coconut milk - Half cup
- Water - Three cups
- Yogurt - Two tablesppoons
- Salt - as per your taste
- Chilly powder - 2 tsp
- Coriander- Cumin powder - 2 tsp
- Fennel Powder - ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Whole Garam Masala - (Included: Bay leaf - 1, Cinnamon - 2, Cloves - 5, Cardamon - 3)
By the help of wet kitchen towel, clean the mushroom and remove the dirt.
- Cut these in lengthwise, make sure mushroom shape remains the same.
- Soak two cups of Basmati rice and the soya chunks seperately.
- Use heavy deep vessel and heat oil and ghee together and fry the whole garam masala.
- Saute onions till golden brown. Slowly add chopped green chilly, chopped corrainder and mint leaves while suateing the onions.
- When onions turn slightly brown and crispy mix ginger garlic paste and tomatoes and saute all of them till it formed a paste.
- Now put mushroom slices and sqeezed the soya chunks into it, add the turmeric powder, chilly powder, corriander-cumin powder, fennel powder, yogurt, coconut milk and salt.
- Saute all of the above mixed ingredients until thick gravy formed.
- Drain the rice from water and add it in a rice cooker. Mix the gravy to the rice and some water.
- Taste for salt and stove flame on for further cook.
- Keep stove flame lowest for 20 minutes. After the mushroom biryani is done and DUM is completed, gently fluff it up by shaking the pot.
- Finaly, add some garnish like corriander leaves, split green chilis, brown crispy onions. Serve hot with raita and some sidedish like Shami Kabab etc.