- Wash the lentils properly, then in a sauce pan place them. Add four - 6 cups of salted water to cowl the lentils.
- Bring lentils to a boil then lessen warmth, cowl and allow them to simmer until they get smooth. Sustain the water degree above the lentils.
- At the same time as the lentils are simmering, grind the spices collectively then toast them over low heat in a dry sauté pan until they release their aroma. Set spices apart.
- The usage of the same frying pan, warmness ghee or oil over low to medium warmth. Add onions and fry until they're gentle. Put garlic, fry some others for 3-4 mins. Do not burn the onions or garlic. Upload spice combination; retain to cook dinner for about two minutes.
- As soon as the lentils have end up smooth, upload them and their cooking liquid to the onion and spice mixture (add greater water or broth if lentil are too thick). Stir and scrape up any bit from the bottom. Stir in lemon juice, alter salt and maintain to prepare dinner for about 5 mins.
- Simply before serving add yogurt and warmth through. Serve with a wheat flat bread such as roti.