Roast Beef With Caramelized Onion Gravy
- 1 tbsp black peppercorn
- 1 tbsp English mustard powder
- 1 tbsp dried thym
- 1 tsp celery seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 kg topside joint of beef
For the gravy
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 2 beef stock cube
- 3 tbsp caramelised onion chutney or marmalade
- 2-3 tsp Marmite
- Mashed the peppercorns, mustard powder, celery seeds collectively, and some salt. By using a pestle and mortar (hawan- dasta).
- All mashed elements are stir within the oil then rub it all around the beef.
- You may marinate pork for overnight. Convey the beef out of the refrigerator one hour earlier than roasting.
- Heat oven to 190c and roast for fifty five mins for a 2kg beef joint for medium-rare. Get rid of from the oven, lift onto a platter, cowl with aluminum foil and rest for 1/2 an hour.
- For the gravy
- Pour any juices from the roasting tin right into a jug. Allow the juices separate, use 2 tbsp butter. Sit the roasting tin at the hob and stir in the flour, inventory cubes, onion chutney or marmalade and marmite.
- Prepare dinner for a min, stirring nicely to scrape up any beefy bits caught to the tin, then progressively stir in 750 ml hot water from the kettle. Bubble to thicken to a nice consistency, then lightly hold warm till equipped to serve with the pork, carved into slices.