Basmati Rice - 2 cups (soaked before cook)
- Onions - 2
- Tomato - 1
- Green Chillies - 5-6
- Ginger-garlic Paste - 1 tblsp
- Coconut Milk diluted - 1.5 cups
- Chicken Stock (yakhnee) - 1.5 cup
- Yogurt - 1/2 cup
- Mint (Pudhina) - handful
- Corriander leaves - handful
- Whole Garam Masala half tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Fennel Seeds - 1 tsp (crushed)
- Saffron Strands - 2 pinches
- Butter/Ghee/Oil - 2-3 tblsp
- Salt - as to taste
1. Heat the oil or ghee in a pan and add the whole garam masala to it.
2. fry as splutter the cumin seeds and fennel seeds.
3. Saute the onions and green chillies for ten minutes followed by ginger garlic paste for next a minute.
4. Put the chopped tomatoes, finely chopped cilantro and mint leaves and cook for few minutes.
5. Put the yogurt, coconut milk, chicken stock and salt and bring it to a boil.
6. Add the soaked rice and bring it to a boil once again.
7. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook till the rice is completely done.
8. Soak the saffron strands in some milk and drizzle it over the cooked rice.
9. Fluff up the rice with a fork and garnish with coriander chopped leaves, fried onions or chopped nuts.
10.Kuska Biryani is ready to serve. Serve with some spicy curry and raita.