Corn Halwa | Makai Ka Halwa
- 1 cup partial crushed corn kernels
- 1 cup raw milk
- 1 cup ghee
- 1 cup khoya ( milk extract)
- 1 tsp semolina (sujee)
- Half cup sugar (adjust according to your choice )
- Few strands of Zaffran (saffron) dip in lukewarm milk
- Elaichi (Cardamom) powder
- Jaifal powder
1. Use thick bottom pan and put one cup of ghee in it and heat. When ghee starts bubbling then add crushed corn and sautee for 10 minutes.
2. Add semolina (sujee) and continuously stirring with spatula till it stops sticking to the kadhai and changes the colour.
3. Then add one cup of raw milk and keep on stirring for 5 minutes, now add khoya and mix them. Keep cooking till it leaves the sides of the pan and ghee comes out.
4. Put half cup of sugar and mix well, when it becomes thick, then add pinch of Zaffran or Saffron and elaichi powder. Keep cover the pan with lid till fragrance of both zaffran and elaichi comes out.
5. Now Corn Halwa, Malai Halwa is ready to serve. Garnish with chopped pistachio and almonds. Enjoy with your family...!